Re: RE: "heated" words over wood burning stove

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 21:40:13 EST

Hey, Sam,

<snip>... if you have a natural gas leak it will pool towards the floor
<snip>

That is incorrect. Natural gas is lighter than air. It WILL NOT pool
downward. LPG (Propane) on the other hand is HEAVIER than air & DOES
pool...this is why your gas grill goes "poof!" and your hot water tank
doesn't, when you light it.

Hey Granpa!

Don't worry about heating with the woodstove. Peeps around here (upstate NY)
do it everywhere & those who use safe woodstove practices never have
problems. Contact your local woodstove guy & have your stove "tuned." Might
cost ya a hundred bux or so, but it's worth it from the safety side. If you
know what kind of stove you have e-mail me off list at :
rsmith13@nycap.rr.com...
I'm in the woodstove business & I've probably tuned 50+ in the last 2+
years, maybe one like yours...
 Matter of fact, a woodstove in a garage is a good way to get rid of used
motor oil. A reservoir on the wall with a small (1/8" - 1/4") inside
diameter copper tube, with a shut off and a "crimp" at the stove end will
allow the used oil to drip slowly into the flames - thus adding heat &
burning off so fast as to introduce minimal amounts of hydrocarbons into the
atmosphere...
Like everybody else has said, keep the flammables away from it & you'll be
safe.
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(Best Fire, Inc!)