Re: WAS: Bought a Jeep... NOW: V8 Conversion

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 22:15:13 EST

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:14:51 Terrible Tom wrote:

> I'm not modding it out beyond a few off road lights for my personal use
> up here in Wisc... and my CB (which is already installed). *perhapse* a
> STOCK size tire with a more agressive tread, something in the AT family.
> But -thats it! No suspension lifts, no ECU chips,no snorkle, no
> nothing! :-P

Oh, COME ON!!! It's SOOOOO easy with an XJ! It's not like a Dak where you
have to spend $3-5000 for a lift of questionable quality. You can get a
low-quality lift for a couple of hundred, and an excellent kit for $1000.
And you don't have to pay to have them professionally installed. You do
the install yourself in your backyard with a bottle jack and two
adjustable wrenches.

Sorry... it's a bit of a sore point with me. There are a lot of things I
prefer about the Dak, but I really wish they would have copied the XJ
suspension to the Dakota, not the other way around.

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario