Re: step-side

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 09:59:34 EST

<DodgeDe@cs.com> wrote in message news:12a.2037b408.2b575845@cs.com...

> Hi Guy's
> My R/T is pretty bent right now but, it is time to start putting it back
> together.
> I need a new Pickup box and remember seeing a Ram with a step-side. Is
there
> anything like this for a Dakota.
> If no step-side bed is available does anyone know of a deal on a box. I'm
on
> the east coast.

Bill,
First off, nice charger! As far as I know, there was never a stepside option
for the gen III dakotas, but there was the lil' red express dak for gen I
and gen II and that was a stepside, and the body lines are way too far off
to graft one of those onto your R/T. I know in 96 there was an extremely
limited number of stepside beds produced by dodge (about 100 I think) for
the 96 ram. I think there was a picture of one in a truckin' mag from about
97-98 if you keep your subscriptions from that long ago. (I remember it
being red) For the most part, the rams out there with the stepside beds have
transplanted chevy beds on them, as the chevrolet bed is roughly the same
dimensions as the ram's and only minimal modification is required.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L