The DML and Posting Issues

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 01:13:33 EST

I'll take responcibility for touching this off... I seem to have been
the catalyst... I was reading a list of BBS (message board) posts - and
saw a subject line of nothing but "re"s - It kinda bugged me so I posted
a little reminder for everyone. Jon then posted an unschedualed copy of
the DML rules and regs... then the sky opened up. I am a digest
subscriber as well... there are frequent times when I am not at my home
computer and cannot access the BBS system. I therefor rely on the
digest mode. I know what the upset is over... huge pointless pages of
quoted text that is well.. pointless and wastes bandwitdh, not to
mention hard to read.

As for topic matter - I'm sure most will agree with this when I say that
unless a topic is really controvercial or volital - - its usually
tolerated without much fuss. Posts about mechanical problems with non
dodge brands ... posts about Adam setting things on fire while driving
through The Pit at 88 MPH...singing "Oh Canada".... and my inquiry on a
wood buring stove. These are not direct Dakota conversations, but are
tolerated. I for one don'tmind at all if someone asks a question about
a ford or a dodge or a toyota mechanical problem their "friend" has :)

Lets not be so petty as to start name calling and pointing fingers.
This is the DML - not the RTML. We're the cream of the crop here heh.

I think everyone is guilty of not being a perfect mailing list poster.
So lets all take it with a grain of salt and just try to do our best.
The DML has had turmoil before in the past - we got through it - we'll
get through "Posting Pains" too :-)

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/