Re: RE: eBay Alert: 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T with 650HP

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 12:32:17 EST

<snip> Now, look at the VIN, the 10th digit is the engine code, anyone know
what the Y is for? Could it be 318? I think so!!!

 I copied the vin from the EBay ad and pasted it into the DML VIN decoder.
The "Y" refers to model year 2000, the 8th digit "Z" correctly refers to
the 5.9 engine. However, the VIN decoder does not say that this vehicle is
a R/T. It could be that this was a SLT and modded by the owner to be a
pseudo R/T. Not very truthful if you ask me in that respect.

Ray