A little chilly

From: Eric Jerman (ejerman69@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 23:17:29 EST

Hey DML...
  Enough is enough...now my heater is on the fritz. As if the rattling
wasn't enough for me. Just had to be during the coldest weeks we have seen
so far up here. I have no clue about what parts could be going bad so any
help would be appreciated.
  Just some background info:
  I have a remote starter in my truck that runs for 24 minutes (each time
it's activated) that I use before I head to work. Sometimes 2 times in the
morning when it's really cold. Today I went to get into my truck and after
the truck had been running for almost the whole 24 minutes the heater was
only blowing cool air! Kind of defeats the purpose of having a remote
starter if you ask me...but anyway...what can I check to see if it's going
bad? Or should I just take it to the dealer up here and let them hash it
out?

TIA,
Eric Jerman
98 RC Sport 3.9L 5 speed