Dana 80 Rear end - Gabe

From: Saint (saint1958@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 15:43:18 EST

Gabe, if you are looking into a serious added HP & TQ levels, look for a
non-destructible rear axle system. With the next Dodge Ram SRT-10, they are
using the Dana 80 rear versus the 1500 rear axle system. On the new 03
2500/3500 Rams, they have these along with solid front axles and rack &
pinion steering. What a great match up Gabe. I hoping the next Dakota R/T
will get them also. These Dodge rear-ends are indestructible and well worth
the money. The down size is that they are 8 lug versus 6-lug on Dakotas or
5-lug on 1500.

However, this is my 02 cents, go for the Dana 80. You can find them at the
local salvage yards.
Steven
2003 Dodge Quad Ram Hemi 5.7 (FOR SALE-wife)
2000 Dodge Dakota S/Hemi (Some idiot hit the vehicle)
2000 Roush Ford Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
PROJECT CAR:
1992 Suzuki Swift GT 1775lb) Intercooled Turbo - 350HP
FUTURE PURCHASES:
04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 or 05 Dodge Dakota SRT-8(replace the Dakota)
04 Dodge Hemi Durango (replace Hemi- wife)