RE: 2000 Club Cab people, help!

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 10:17:09 EST

-----Original Message-----
 On Behalf Of Blakdak2k@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 2:43 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: 2000 Club Cab people, help!

"Also does anyone know how to remove the lower section? The upper just pops
off, but I am afraid to pull too hard on
the bottom."

Aaron, Removing the seat back should expose the bolts for the hinges for the
seat cushions. The cushions are hinged to the back wall of the cab. If you
haven't lifted it, you haven't needed the jack, lug wrench, or the crank for
the spare tire windless yet. The owner's manual for the '99 model year shows
this on page 154. I recommend leaving the nuts on the end of the studs
after removing the seat. You will know where they are if you want to replace
the seat.
Removing the plastic tray is straightforward once you find the screws. The
back two are easy, they are in wells at each corner and the screw heads can
be seen. The front two are hidden better. They are under the rubber pieces
at the bottom of the cup holders.
My seat back, cushions, and tray are wrapped in plastic and stored in the
basement awaiting the day when I want to return the cab to stock. Now I have
room for tow straps, lifting slings, jumper cables, folding camp chair, test
meters, shackles, a few large tools, lengths of tie-down rope, red plastic
flags, bungees, recovery hook for the receiver, CD changer, hard hat, rain
suit, umbrella, 12v air compressor, spotlight, amber beacon, 700 watt
inverter, and fire extinguisher.
Now you know why I need the 3.92 axle. (;-D)