Re: OT a little, 2 vs. 1

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 10:35:06 EST

"Mallett, Donald B" wrote:

> What is the advantage of having dual wheels on a pickup or I should be
> asking what is the advantage of two wheels over having 1 wider tire? Cindy
> asked me this and I couldn't come up with anything other then, it might be
> cheaper for 2 standard tires then 1 wide tire.

dual wheels spread the load across a wider area
for better traction and so you dont fall through
weak asphalt or bridges when at weight max..

bridges you ask?
ever notice some tractors and trailers or straight
trucks w/ the tandem axles way far apart?
thats called "bridge spacing" and its so the
load is spread across a wider area so they dont
put too much weight in one spot and fall through :)

thats why they make those funny signs at bridges
showing ea. config. of truck and the weights they
are allowed to pass over a bridge with using std.
truck types.

--

emails with attachments are deleted, only plain text email is accepted Update: ken@kencofish.com is the new email address.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642 Importer/Exporter of Goldfish,Koi,rare Predators Shipping to legal states/countries only! Permalon liners, Oase & Supreme Pondmaster pumps

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.