Gen2 Front CV Shaft Replacement (Update)

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 08:04:04 EST

Well since the temperature warmed up to 9 degrees tonight I decided to try
the replacement. At least it wasn't very windy. I got all of the bolts on
the axel flange broken free. A couple days of soaking in PB blaster helped
I'm sure. Probably about as much as the seemingly endless supply of idiot
drivers attracked to my Dak. Seems to ensure a fresh supply of new parts
though :(

My current problem is getting the wheel nut off. Anyone know what size it
should be? Something more precise than just a little bit larger than the
largest socket I have would be great. Need to go tool shopping later today
on the way home, and I'd like to get the right size the first time.

Speaking of wheel studs, Is mine the only Dakota that eats a bowl full for
breakfast? I've lost track of how may it's gone through over the years, but
I'm sure at least a couple dozen by now.

David
94' CC Sport 4x4; V8, 5sd, Lifted BFG 33" MT; Plow