Re: Solid Front Axle design

From: Tom Buban (biokiller@ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 08:01:24 EST

A panhard bar is the same. And yes, when the axle drops, it move more to
one side. This doesn't affect anything.
As for drive ability on the road, You can not tell the difference from
stock. It drives like a dream, very smooth, no wandering, and no bump steer.
I went with coilover, I can get better droop with this setup than leaf
springs. Alot of people do leaf springs because it is very easy to set up.
I could do a leaf spring truck in 2 weeks, it took 2 months to do my
truck. most of the time was waiting on parts.
A coilover is a tricky setup, but you get tons of adjustment when done.
If I want to raise the truck, all i do is screw the collar down.
Alot of design work went into this, so it isn't going to be easy. But it
does works !!! I can go places that I never thought possible before the
coilover setup!!

Tom