Re: RE: Floor Jack Question

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 20:28:10 EST

1 - You're only lifting the front of the vehicle
2 - I think you're looking at the GVWR? which is max weight (truck and load)
3 - truck with me is 4,380 pounds, so just under 4,200 lbs without me (Gen
III CC is typically about 4000-4100lbs)
4 - jack is rated 4,500 pounds
5- The jacks are sharing the weight of the vehicle, so I imagine it's
putting no more than 2,500 pds on each stand (I think???)
6 - I'm a moron and I didn't pump the jack enough :-) This was using it
brand new out of the box