RE: RE: Floor Jack Question

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 20:42:16 EST

NO way ever would I put a 3 ton car, or even a corner of one on a 2 ton jack
stand. Ever seen a jack stand break? I have and luckily I was not under
the car. I had a friend die when his Oldsmobile fell on him after a floor
jack failed, (he was not using stands). Just is not worth the chance, but a
2 ton stand on a 3 ton car is unsafe.
Rascal