Re: Ignition question

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 23:19:21 EST

Gary,
I don't think there's any features to prevent you from doing this, but
consider this: with a push-button, anybody can jump in, hit the button, and
make off with your truck.
Maybe a system like some semis (and the Viper) use, a keyswitch with start
and run positions, and a start button on the dashboard would be more secure?

--
-Jon
jonsdak@midmaine.com

"Gary Hedlin" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message news:BA546038.AD4%ghedlin@theramp.net... > > I am seriously pondering the possibility of replacing the ignition key with > a simple push button. I was wondering if there are any security features on > the gen3's which would prevent me from doing this. > > I know this sounds screwed up, and theres nothing wrong with the ignition > key cylinder... but i want to do this because I think it would be cool. > > Thanks, > > Gary Hedlin > > >