Re: Ignition question

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 22:46:18 EST

> if all you want to do is to replace the function of turning the key
> to "start" with a button, then it would be pretty easy. (i.e. you get
> in the truck, stick the key in the ignition, turn it to "ON", then press
> a button on the dash to engage the starter)

This was how my dad had his Jeep hooked up. The start position on his
ignition switch quit working, so rather than replace it, he took a starter
button out of his spare parts pile. I think it's out of a Super Cub.
Anyway, with the key turned off, the engine doesn't run. Starting it was a
two-step process: turn the key off, then hit the starter button.

Jason