Re: Pre-heating the engine

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 01:17:54 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Anyone got any good ideas how to keep the engine warm overnight, or warm it
> up in the morning so it isn't so hard to start? Short of installing a block
> heater, that is.
>
> I'm a bit nervous about running a space heater in the engine compartment,
> which is about the only thing I can think of.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

you can splice in a tank heater to the heater hose
or get a lower rad. hose heater. both work as good
as a freeze plug/block heater.

you can run them on a heavy duty timer and set it to
come on a few hrs. before you usually leave in morn.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.