Re: Pre-heating the engine

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 09:51:59 EST

At 12:55 AM 1/23/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Dodge has an engine block heater. List price is 33.00 (part number
>82300749). Looks like a good solution. Has anyone used one of these??

Being in the eastern part of the country, I've used mine only a few occasions.
They are an absolutely must in the prairie provinces though. AFAIK, vehicles
sold in Canada come with one installed. Used as directed/intended, they do
work well and, arguably, are the most effective way of pre-heating the areas
of an engine that should be pre-heated in sub-freezing temps !

Bob