Re: Pre-heating the engine

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 09:52:56 EST

At 07:47 AM 1/23/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I know Canadian Tire sells the block heater, but I was hoping that
>I wouldn't be needing to punch any new holes in my engine block
>or cut the rad hoses.

I would have thought that there would already be an existing hole
for a block heater but I could be be wrong.

>I've heard that you can put a drop light in the engine compartment,
>and the light bulb will give off enough heat. I'm kinda skeptical on that
>one.

Good for reading :-) Agree that it might not be enough in these kind of temps.

>Any other ideas?

Short of collecting as many stray cats in Toronto and stuffing them
into the engine bay for an overnight stay ... :-)

I would plug in a battery warmer (hmm, does Norah use a heating pad
for her back :-)( ), and use 0W30 or 5W30 motor oil.

Bob