Re: paint care questions - Paul

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 21:30:46 EST

Thanks Ray for that information. I live in Silicon Valley where being a nurd
is a distinguished title, sort of like Sr VP of Auto Paint should be in your
plant for you. So plz take no umbrage at having been so designated, which was
a stab in the dark when I wrote it anyway.
Another member wrote something about how a typical local power car wash
operation ruined the paint job on a black Trans Am. I can well understand
how many of them could do just that which is just another reason (the chief
one being I'm too cheap to pay a machine to wash my vehicles) why I have
always hand washed all my vehicles.
As several have also pointed out, when it comes to using a power buffer on
today's paint jobs a great deal of the success rides in experience in
handling the machine. The product used and a clean bonnet are right in there
too. I return to my original position however which is, don't let your
vehicle's paint deteriorate to the point that drastic measures are the only
solution to restoration.

Paul Sahlin