Re: Re: Cold, and no heater fan

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 21:31:56 EST

""Jon"" <jonsdak@midmaine.com> wrote in message
news:b0pvmt$6g9$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> BTW, that 2003 Liberty in your sig will have a displacement of exactly a
> liter less than your Dak - DC phased out the 3.9 (a shame) for the 3.7, I
> believe they just completed the changeover for the 2002 or '03 MY.

Actually, I don't think the 3.9L v6 ever was an option in the Libertys. I
could be wrong, but that was my impression. I don't see why it's a shame,
really. The LA engines are kinda out-dated in the Magnum guise. I agree
there's the old-school "coolness" of the 318/360 and whatnot, but I'll take
the same power with better efficiency of the 4.7. Or, in the case of the 6,
more power and likely better efficiency. I suppose there is the question of
durability, since these engines haven't been around as long as the venerable
"old iron" from ma mopar.