RE: Pics of my truck-- finally

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 09:03:48 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
raymond.irons@gm.com
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 6:04 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: RE: DML: Pics of my truck-- finally

<snip> PS. I want to know something. I've been in VA now for over half
my
life.
When do you stop being a Damn Yankee and become a Rebel?

Hey Rich,
      Thanks for the explanation for the cinders. Even though I grew up
and
lived in PA for nearly half my life, I never knew where cinders came
from.
That's just what my folks always called the trucks and I got used to it.
do know that the mixture of salt and cinders is extremely corrosive and
many vehicles used to and still do get rusted out fender wheels from
driving around exposed to the cinders.

As far as when you stop being a "Damn Yankee" and become a Rebel, I've
always been told the answer is never. The difference is subtle but very
distinct. A Yankee is a northerner that goes south and returns home. A
Damn
Yankee is a northerner that goes south and stays. Can't be a Rebel
unless
you was born in the south.

Ray Irons
Dover, De

And remember the south will rise again, we'll maybe. :-)

Jeff Durling