Re: High-mileage oil

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 13:28:55 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:
> Are these "high-mileage" motor oils any good? Worth the extra cost?
>
> My '95 has 93,000 miles on it now, and it's going to have to last at least
> another five years. I'm considering switching to the high-mileage oil, but
> I don't know how much real benefit they offer, and how much is just
> marketing hype.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Hi Jason - I think the high milage oils are basically just a bit more
viscious. Going on the basis that an older engine with more miles on it
- has worn parts. Though you can buy most of these high milage oils in
various grades. Frankly I don't think they would do much. ( I don't
know positivly one way or the other but my gut tells me "gimick")

I'd stick to a good synthetic like Mobile 1 - which I use in combination
with Napa Gold filters. I've used Mobile 1 in everything.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/