Re: RE: Front End Clunk (AGAIN!)

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 15:00:26 EST

Hey, Bernd,

<snip> When you put the shock in, was the bottom plate (running through the
 bottom eye of the shock) straight?<snip>

As far as I can tell, everything lines up correctly. The first incident
("clunk") happened when the OEM bolt backed itself out of the threaded boss
on the lower suspension arm. This was after I changed out the OEM shocks &
installed the ProComps & torqued to FSM spec(80 lbs/ft). I applied Loctite
to the threads on the bolt & retorqued to the FSM spec. Made it about 2
months & the clunk returned...

<snip>Something else is wrong here<snip>

Ya know, all of this started within 2 months of putting on the 32 x 11.50
BFG KOs...could the problem stem from the oversize/overwidth "sneakers"?
I know others on the list have had a similar problem with the same bolt, but
I don't know if their probs started after a tire size change.

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
("Commitment to Excellence")
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed