Lowering Rear 1" - Update

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 13:30:18 EST

I had posted a week or so ago about lowering my '95 1" in the rear to level
it out. I'm going to run shorter tires and I wanted to decrease the space
between the tire and the wheel well. Anyway, I just got off the phone with
sportruckdirect.com.

Rather than lowering blocks, the guy recommended adjustable shackle mounts,
particularly in a higher horsepower application. You can adjust them for 1"
or 2" of drop. No problems with pinion angle and with only 1" of drop, my
shocks should be fine. They're from Western Chassis and they are $69.95. I
think someone may have mentioned these in one of the responses I got so thank
you.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD