Genn III seat in Gen II

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 21:24:04 EST

I remember reading a long time ago (why I couldn't seem to find it in the
archives) that the 40/20/40 bench seat from a Gen III wounldn't fit into the
cab of a Gen II being it wasn't wide enough. Can anyone confirm this? Or
could someone measure form side to side and i'll check? I guess it would
help some to have the front to rear measurement. After driving the '96 for
over two year after switching out the bench to the '95 buckets I have
finally decided that the bucket seats that were offered back then stink. The
console is small and the seats sit too low in the truck. I have been looking
for a set of buckets out of a newer dak but so far no luck or the yeards are
way overpriced. I also wanted to get the console from a '01 and newer but
talking to these guys on the phone is almost a joke. If I can't find
anything i'm going to look for another bech seat from the '95/ '96 model
year and hope I can get lucky to get one with the flip down armrest. I do
have the samll floor console from a '01 dak so that would solve the bad
cupholder problem on my '96. If anyone has any better ideas let me hear them
becuase right now i'm game. Don't tell me daytona seats though since those
are really hard to find in good shape.

Jeff Durling