RE: Fiberglass bed covers

From: Bill Nissley (bill@nissley.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 02:00:54 EST

I have the Gaylord X-2000, their top of the line cover. It has easy to
install clamp-on mounting - NO drilling into truck the "E-ZT Lift Hinge"
is very easy to open or close. Great fit, no drilling easy side access
because of the way the gas pistons are attached and no ugly clamps that
go the full length of the bed. I also liked the flatter design.

This was my choice after looking at SnugTop an A.R.E. It was more
expensive, at $900, but it comes with the carpeted headliner, and
exclusive "X" hinge removable hardware. It even comes with a battery
powered light that mounts on the underside of the cover. I know SnugTop
and A.R.E. charge extra for headliner and SnugTop charges extra for the
removable hardware, and you still need to drill holes in the SnugTop. By
the time I added all of the options, the price difference between the
X-2000 and the LSII was a little more than $100.

A.R.E. LSII Series Gaylord X-2000

MSRP:$759 MSRP:$1144.00
Street: $699.00 Street:900.00
Fabric Interior - $79 Includes: paint to match,
Includes: fiberglass under cover carpet lining and
Light.
tonneau cover
painted to the
specified paint code.

http://www.gaylordslids.com/x2000.htm
http://www.4are.com/product/lsii/features.php
http://www.snugtop.com/p_snuglid.htm

"Bill Nissley" <bill@nissley.com>
'98 CC SLT 2x4 5.2L V8 AT, White/Dftwd, 3" lift, ORI pre-runner light
bar with PIAA 80Pro XT series lights, 32" BFG A/T's, Yellow Box Speedo
Calib., Flowmaster Exhaust, Powergate, X-2000 bed cover, F/B 50mm
Throttle body, Pro Comp air intake & RBW 'LIL Rocker 5th Wheel Hitch.