Re: Re: Poor start/ Low idle

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:46:01 EST

""Jon"" <jonsdak@midmaine.com> wrote in message
news:b17akg$2qf$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> If, in the coming days, your truck begins completely stalling after
cranking
> fine, I'd wager it's your battery. Mine did exactly this before the
battery
> went.

The weird thing is, it did a similar thing before. I would start it, then
the thing would stall out promptly. I was perplexed, but I found a little
Torx head screw that acts as the throttle lever stop on the TB. It seems
that it backed itself out enough because of the vibration. I screwed it in
about a quarter turn, and it worked like a champ after I played with the
screw so that it was screwed in as far as possible, but still allowed the
truck to drop down to idle after the engine was revved and then put to
closed throttle. Anyway, it worked fine up until recently, when it seemed
to do the same thing again. I'm rather miffed, as you might imagine. The
battery is only two, maybe three years old, and it's has ever been deep
cycled (at least not while I've owned the truck). Anyway, I'll be keeping
an eye on the stupid thing.