Re: ticket for tint

From: Brian Fitchett (fitchett@chem.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:55:35 EST

Just to reiterate what Ed just said... My girlfriend was in an accident last
june where someone T-boned her on the side of her pontiac sunfire, the
window shattered but all the shards were held in place by the tint on the
windows, otherwise she would have been sprayed with glass since these
windows are designed to break into small pieces.... the best part about the
accident was that she got a new Dodge Stratus (only because i wouldnt let
her go to the ford dealer)

Brian

> Hmmm, all my cars have had side tinted windows and I never get stopped for
> it. One time I took a rock to the side window on my old '97 Dak, and the
tint
> held the glass in. Ever since then, all my cars have side tinted windows.
> It's a safety issue imo. The cool look and temps inside are a bonus. I
guess
> it depends on what mood the cop is in......
>
> Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4
"Silver
> Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be
Finished