Re: Front End Clunk (AGAIN!)

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 12:20:40 EST

<snip>
The passenger side has been ok from the get-go.

>Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
>(dazed & confused)
>Averill Park, NY
>2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed
Bob,
In that case I would compare the driver side to the passenger side.
Sounds to me like maybe the bolt backed out and the shock put a longer
moment arm on the bolt.. Another thing to check would be the shock it's
self. Make sure the pass and driver side are the same part#. If for some
reason you got a shock that has a longer throw it might bottom out under
compression. I was having problems with my ranchos that I put on. The bolt
fell out of the pass side a couple of times. I tightened the crud out of it
and it's been great ever since. --Hop