RE: ticket for tint

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 12:15:24 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Tim
Althoff
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 12:02 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: ticket for tint

ok, I was pulled over for my window tint today. 35% on side and 5% on
rear,
legal is 50% on sides and 35% on rear. Ok the story is that I was
pulled
over during the summer, by the state highway (Ohio->known for being the
worst). The guy was great, he said his main concern is that he can see
me...he said he had no problem, even on a dark rainy day.

I know it's illegal BUT you can see in my truck with no problem. the
cop
originally polled me over for bogus things and then ripped me about my
banner at the top of my windshield (1/4" too low on the windshield),
Carlisle decals on the front windshield, the tinted license plate
covered
with snow...AND NEVER MENTIONED MY CLEAR TAIL LIGHTS!!!! he let me off
of
all but the tint. guess what!!!! it's the 28th and they needed there
quota! They had four cops sitting on this road pulling lots of people
over!

he said my tint was at 31% with a laser lab TM-100. I can't find this
company or model online. Can anyone find any info for me on this...I'm
trying to find out it's accuracy level, that and it took him 5 minutes
for
the POS to work...I never even saw the reading, wonder if he was
lying...

any help would be great!

Tim Althoff
www.yllwdkta.com

By law in every state I have ever checked they have to provide you with
a calibration certificate from before the offense in which the equipment
was used if requested by you or your attorney. You also have the right
to verify that calibration has been kept up to the required intervals
(such as once a year if required). If they cannot provide any of this
information or they have let the calibration go over what is recommended
when you got your offense in most states that is an automatic dismissal
of the ticket. I have used this several times for radar guns. Most
police, sheriff, or state troopers have a habit of letting these things
go too long. Also you are on the right track trying to find out the
accuracy. On a speeding ticket if you were ticketed within it's
questionable range then that usually is also an automatic dismissal.

Good Luck!!

Jeff Durling