RE: Trasko Oil Filter - 1/10th of Micron cleaning

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@wdci-telecom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 13:57:38 EST

The bypas on the oil filter is not affected whatsoever by these systems.
You OEM lubrication system still works like it was supposed to. They
call these bypass filters because they don't force all of the oil in the
engine to run through everytime is goes by the filter. Think of setting
up a ring of pvc with water flowing in it. Now you have tees off the
side with a water filter installed and is comes back into the main line
through another tee. This way water can keep going by the TP filter but
eventually that which gets by will go through it. From what I have read
these systems work greqat that way. Hey, I'm no expert but looking at it
that way it makes full sense. You can then run oil through a very dense
media such as Tp without causing a lubrication problem. Whatever oil
can't go through just keeps on going. I Hope that explains it better.

Jeff Durling