Re: Magnum Engines Oil Filtration System

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 14:36:19 EST

It's hard to keep all of the different oil filters straight...this one's the
best, nononono THIS one's the best. I'm just gonna keep on buying my
M1-204's and 10-30 in summer and 10-40 for winter and using those the way I
always have.. I change the oil (synthetic) at 2500-3000 miles, so i figure
that it's not really in there all that long anyway. On the sc'd 302 in my
stang (yeah i know offtiopc yadda yadda yadda...) I'd always used fram
filters b/c they had that grippy thing on the end and it was easier to get
the darn things off when they were covered with oil. When I took it apart
to swap cams (for a really wild one) after 20K miles, The insides looked
brand new still. The cam journals and lifters were picture perfect. I'm a
firm believer it's not what oil or what filter you use, it's how regular you
perform your maintenence. If you do your maintenance the right way, when it
needs to be done, you won't have problems. From what I've found over the
years it doesn't really matter if you use the best parts sporadically,
you'll still be more likely to have a failure b/c you're not taking regular
care of the vehicle. If you use the regular run of the mill quality part on
a regular schedule you'll be fine, it doesn't really matter if you beat it
or baby it... Just my two cents.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""ScSilverdak"" <scsilverdak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OE64kK5LqN33HFnwpGR000024b8@hotmail.com... > > Josh- > > I use the Mobil-1 filter as well and I have no lifter clatter at all with > this filter. > As far as the Mopar and Mobil-1 filters, hold one in each hand and feel the > weight difference,......the Mobil-1 has more filter media in it so it's > heavier. > I've been using these filters since they first came out, I prefer them over > all other filters. > My oil stays cleaner longer and I have split a couple open > to check for debris or metal from the 3.9(I also did this with my new Magnum > crate motor) and no metal or shrapnel has been found yet. > > Ron- > '01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged > website: http://www.scsilverdak.com > e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com