Re: off topic

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley01@charter.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 13:25:35 EST

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:43:36 -0500, patrickandkelly@erols.com (Patrick
and Kelly Engram) wrote:

>I have a couple VCR tapes that wont play, rewind, or fast forward when
>inserted into my vcr. I take them out and stick another tape in and it
>works fine, so I'm sure it's a problem with the tape internally. Is
>there a way to take them apart without all the internals exploding so I
>can see what's got them jammed up?

Their internals shouldn't explode when you open them. Make sure the
bottom of the case (the part with the holes in it) is down and open
very slowly and carefully. I think you can even buy replacement cases
and transfer the tape to a new case. Check at Wally-World or Rat
Shack. I've done this before but, as always, your mileage may vary.
Not responsible for damages caused by anyone actually trying this.