RE: Still rattling...

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 09:15:40 EST

-----Original Message-----
 On Behalf Of Eric Jerman
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 12:37 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Still rattling...

  I got to thinking the other day...could my rattling noise under
acceleration be from bad u joints

Eric, If there is enough slack in the u-joints to make noise then there is
typically enough to cause vibration also.
With the rear end high enough to clear the rear tires and the transmission
in neutral, rotating the drive shaft and attempting to move it side-to-side
at the joint should make any slack or noise apparent.