Re: Way OT: Shuttle Columbia breaks up on re-entry

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:57:00 EST

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:57:25AM -0500, Gabriel A. Couriel wrote:

> there are 3 shuttles (with 1 in mothballs): discovery, atlantis, and
> endeavour. there's also enterprise (but it has never been built beyond a
> glorified glider... but with a cost of $4-5 billion/shuttle... that
> Enterprise is looking really good right now.
>
> Gabriel A. Couriel

Which one is in mothballs?

Any idea what they'd have to do to Enterprise to get it flying?
Obviously it doesn't have any engines. I know the flight controls work,
as that was the whole point of doing the glide tests.

I couldn't remember Discovery, and had to go look it up yesterday.
Funny it came up on the list :-).

If they do build a new one to replace Columbia, I vote that the name
does not start with the letter C.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer