RE: Way OT: Shuttle Columbia breaks up on re-entry

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 12:25:11 EST

i second the "No 'C' Clause"

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

Doing my best to cure ignorance since 1980!

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
239ci V6 - 175hp
5 speed - AX15
8.25 Rear-end w/ 3.21 open differential

- Modifications -

Performance: Homemade Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Cat-back Exhaust, Autolite 3923 Spark Plugs, Mopar Performance 7.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Mobil 1 15W50 Synthetic Motor Oil w/ Mopar Performance Oil Filter.

Audio: Sony Mobile CDX 4180 AM/FM CD Player (40Watt x 4 Channel), Sony Xplod XS-R1610 6? 3-Way Speakers (160 Total Watts)

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Jason Bleazard Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 11:57 AM To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net Subject: Re: DML: Way OT: Shuttle Columbia breaks up on re-entry

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:57:25AM -0500, Gabriel A. Couriel wrote: > > there are 3 shuttles (with 1 in mothballs): discovery, atlantis, and > endeavour. there's also enterprise (but it has never been built beyond a > glorified glider... but with a cost of $4-5 billion/shuttle... that > Enterprise is looking really good right now. > > Gabriel A. Couriel

Which one is in mothballs?

Any idea what they'd have to do to Enterprise to get it flying? Obviously it doesn't have any engines. I know the flight controls work, as that was the whole point of doing the glide tests.

I couldn't remember Discovery, and had to go look it up yesterday. Funny it came up on the list :-).

If they do build a new one to replace Columbia, I vote that the name does not start with the letter C.

-- Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer