Re: Way OT: Shuttle Columbia breaks up on re-entry

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 12:32:53 EST

From: "Josh Battles" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com>
> I think they should name it something lucky or something really cool.
Let's
> email NASA and see if they'll open up a forum for name suggestions and get
> everyone to be able vote on it.

I seem to remember that they did something similar to come up with the name
Endeavour. Of course, there were a bunch of rules. I think it had to be
named after a real ship of exploration, as is the case with all shuttles.
(Of course, you can debate about whether the Enterprise is a "real" ship of
exploration, a fictional star ship, or an aircraft carrier, but it's a moot
point anyway.)