Re: CRAZY GAS PRICES

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 10:56:54 EST

At 10:05 AM 2/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>I bought gas yesterday for $158.9 for 93 octane, I saw it at an Exxon next
>door for 1.63.9 and this morning I saw it on the other side of town for
>$177.9 at an Exxon. What the hell, it's still the same price on my side of
>town. Do these people think people will pay that just for convenience. Two
>blocks away it was 1.67.9 at another Exxon. Called the manager at my sta. and
>he said there's no pending raise in price that he knows of.

It's been like that in my area for as long as I can remember. The further
north (away from San Francisco) that you get, the cheaper the gas prices
are. Unfortunately, I live in the "wine country" (read: tourist country)
so a lot of places charge way too much for gas because they know that the
tourists buy it anyway. And they do. Lately I've only been buying gas
about once every 2 weeks, though, so I don't really care that much.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4x4