Re: Re: Tire suggestions

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 00:36:23 EST

At 11:06 PM 2/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Bill Pitz wrote:
>
>>I really like my BFGs. I went with the AT (KO) because I was looking for
>>more of an off road tire but still one that didn't suck on
>>pavement. They've been great. Better on pavement than the stock
>>Badyears and leaps and bounds better off road.
>
>I'm gonna miss my BFGs when I get the new truck. A LOT.

I'd certainly miss them. They're awesome; probably best $500 I've spent in
a long time. I'm definitely buying them again, though that will be a while
at the rate I'm driving (not much these days) and how slowly the tread is
wearing. Next time I'm buying the full set of 5 and rotating the spare
in. I'm also not going to get white letters next time. I'm always
scrubbing the grime off of them so they actually look white. And I scuffed
two of them the other day pulling an a**hole maneuver to get around some
people who were waiting in the straight line but partially blocking the
right turn lane. Anyone tried any of that stuff to fix your white
letters? Does it work worth anything?

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>