Re: DML:Starting problems

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 04:37:37 EST

Robert Pruyne wrote:
> I have a friend with some troubles with her car, she has asked me for some
> advice, I figured although it's not a Dak, I would ask you all here.
>
> In the morn she goes out and her car starts fine everytime. She will drive a
> block, get out and shut off the car for 5 min (to get a coffee), when she
> gets back in the car won't do anything, not even turn over. then she'll wait
> 5 minutes and the car starts fine. then it'll start fine for the rest of the
> day. Any ideas?? Thanks
> Bubba

Sounds electrical - start with the usual suspects - check the battery
terminals - the starter termials - any main wires for corrosion or bad
contacts - what car is it? Dont worry - not gonna point and laugh if
its a non chrysler.

May also want to check the battery - if its an older batt and being used
in cold weather - its efficency may not be that good.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/