RE: cam2

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 23:58:17 EST

Ken, my brother races a built 440, '69 Cuda that runs 11.0s @ 121 mph so I
know what it's like to drive something like this. It may be "street legal"
but that can be a long way from "streetable". Generally these type cars
are built with very high stall speed torque converters and the throttle
response at anything below WOT is really poor. I bought race gas for my
brother 10 years ago and it was around $5 a gallon then. I don't know what
it sells for now but it won't be less. And in some areas of the country it
can be difficult to find. Then there's the gas mileage. If this Dart
you're considering is really built as described, you may be lucky to get 5
miles per gallon on the street.

You might check out the forums at http://www.bigblockdart.com/ to get some
current information on cars like this.

RayB