Crank replacement

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 00:36:30 EST

I need to replace my crank. Can it be done with the engine in? I'll already
have the tranny out which should make it easier and the oil pan front cover,
timing chain is off now. Will the pistons fall out or is there enough ring
pressure to hold them in (only 600 miles on the rings)? How hard will it be
to line up the dangling connecting rods when installing the new crank? Any
other problems or is this just not possible?

As I recently learned, AOL sometimes blocks DML stuff. I never received my
Torque Converter post but it was posted because I got a personal responce.
When replying, can you please send a copy to jamepc@aol.com also?

Thanks,
James