Re: Crank replacement

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 10:12:59 EST

JAMEPC@aol.com wrote:

> I need to replace my crank. Can it be done with the engine in? I'll already
> have the tranny out which should make it easier and the oil pan front cover,
> timing chain is off now. Will the pistons fall out or is there enough ring
> pressure to hold them in (only 600 miles on the rings)? How hard will it be
> to line up the dangling connecting rods when installing the new crank? Any
> other problems or is this just not possible?
>
> As I recently learned, AOL sometimes blocks DML stuff. I never received my
> Torque Converter post but it was posted because I got a personal responce.
> When replying, can you please send a copy to jamepc@aol.com also?
>
> Thanks,
> James

forget it, the block needs to be upside down
to check the main bearing clearences.

if a piston could slide down then it has
no rings ;)

very few engines have blocks that allow the
pistons to come out the bottom and those
are diesels w/ huge rod bearings like a
Mercedes OM 636 4 cyl.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.