Re: Re: 4.7 vs 3.9 gas consumption?

From: Dakota 2001 SLT-V8 (dakota2001sltv8@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 22:19:24 EST

My brother has a '99 Dak with the 3.9L V6 CC 4WD and
he gets about 15-16 MPG. I have an '01 Dak with the
4.7L V8 CC 4WD. Our Daks are optioned identically,
with the exception of his has buckets and I have a
bench. Anyways I get about 18 MPG. He has friends that
have the 4.7L in their Daks and we are guessing that
the 4.7L is not working as hard as the 3.9L V6,
therefore using less gas....

FWIW...