Re: Dead Truck (No fire)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 10:00:21 EST

HI David,

Only two things that I can think of that can be done quickly.

Try starting it with gas pedal to the floor. For whatever reason,
the motor may be flooded. Pedal to the floor activates a "clear
flood mode". I've had to do this a couple of time during this
deep freeze.

Check the big fuses in the PDC under the hood. If all are OK,
have someone turn the ignition to ON while you listen at the
rear to see if the fuel pump is activated. It may be the fuel
pump.

HTH.
Bob