Dynomax muffler for 5.9

From: Michael / Suzanne Farich (farichms@westol.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 12:39:54 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Hand [mailto:thand@kc.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 12:23 PM
To: farichms@westol.com
Subject: Re: Dynomax muffler for 5.9

In fact it was from a 2001 Dakota RT. My Dynomax buddy designed it and said
it was one of the best setups they could get to meet sound regulations and
offer great power with the engines setup as they were when new. I think if
you had two cats, you could make more top end power with two muffs but I
have seen tests of 5.9s with headers and cams and cat backs and other
changes and they only gain 10 or 15 HP peak. The inverted bathtub intake
restricts them very badly.