Re: 4.7/3.9 Gas Mileage

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 22:28:36 EST

At 08:12 PM 2/15/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>B1LLYW@aol.com wrote:
>
>>Are you sh*tting me? I get about 13 mpg with my '02 QC, 4.7/5 speed,
>>maybe 14mpg on the highway. On a 350 mile road trip I did get as high as
>>16mpg, once.
>
>Where's Will? He was pulling high 20s for his mileage (4.7/5speed/2wd) on
>the highway. It's all in your driving style.
>
>Then again, Ed's got a heavy foot and claims he's never seen udner 14.5mpg.

What gears you have is also going to make a difference, as does the 5 speed
vs. the 4 speed auto.

3.18 rear vs. 3.92 rear is probably a few mpg right there. So, I'm curious
to see the gears that go along with all of these mileage figures. With my
truck (4.7/auto/4x4/3.92 -- worst possible combination for mileage) I get
about 14.5 mpg city and anywhere from 16-18 mpg highway depending on how
fast I drive. (Around 65-70ish it tends to be 18.. closer to 80 it starts
to drop)

In addition to all of these factors, it does vary greatly depending on your
driving style. Light footed, 4.7, 5 speed, 2wd, 3.18 I could definitely
see it possible to get mileage in the mid to high 20s.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4x4