RE: Re: Lowering a 4WD

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 19:20:30 EST

Lowering a 4wd Dak won't be easy, it'll put the front drive axles (cv
half-shafts) on a bind.

This is true. Drop spindles for 2wd trucks lower the front but you cannot
make such a device for a 4wd because of the driven axels, not spindles up
front. Torsion bar adjustment can be used to lower a small amount but you
don't want to go too far with that. Most people want to raise their 4wd and
kits to do that are common but lowering is almost imposable.