RE: Re: Squeaking probs... Help!

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 17:43:20 EST

are you sure the belt is the right size? it may be just a little too big,
and that's what's causing the squeaking. do you notice if it squeaks when
it is colder, warmer, rainy, snowy??? that may have to do with the
tightness of the belt (if it is too loose).

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

Doing my best to cure ignorance since 1980!

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
239ci V6 - 175hp
5 speed - AX15
8.25 Rear-end w/ 3.21 open differential

- Modifications -

Performance: Homemade Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Cat-back Exhaust, Autolite 3923 Spark Plugs, Mopar Performance 7.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Mobil 1 15W50 Synthetic Motor Oil w/ Mopar Performance Oil Filter.

Audio: Sony Mobile CDX 4180 AM/FM CD Player (40Watt x 4 Channel), Sony Xplod XS-R1610 6½ 3-Way Speakers (160 Total Watts)

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Tony Cellana Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 5:03 PM To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net Subject: DML: Re: Squeaking probs... Help!

Have you tried the idler and tensioner pulleys?

DOH. We did those already hehe TonyC

-----Original Message----- From: Brett Forehand <brett4hand@hotmail.com> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net> Date: Thursday, February 20, 2003 3:59 PM Subject: DML: Squeaking probs... Help!