RE: Re: V8 TB mod question

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 17:55:25 EST

should you really grind down a V8 TB that will be going on a V6??? i
thought that would slow down the air too much, and lose the effect that you
are going after. shouldn't you just remove the V6 TB and replace it with a
stock (unmodified) V8 TB?

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

Doing my best to cure ignorance since 1980!

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
239ci V6 - 175hp
5 speed - AX15
8.25 Rear-end w/ 3.21 open differential

- Modifications -

Performance: Homemade Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Cat-back Exhaust, Autolite 3923 Spark Plugs, Mopar Performance 7.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Mobil 1 15W50 Synthetic Motor Oil w/ Mopar Performance Oil Filter.

Audio: Sony Mobile CDX 4180 AM/FM CD Player (40Watt x 4 Channel), Sony Xplod XS-R1610 6½ 3-Way Speakers (160 Total Watts)

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of DAKSY Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 8:24 PM To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net Subject: DML: Re: V8 TB mod question

Hey, Chris.

<snip> What type of bit did people use to grind down the edges. I have found some disks that cut extremely well, but don't do as good cleaning the last 1/8 to 1/16th off.<snip>

Unless you've got a REALLY steady hand, I wouldn't use a Dremel to remove any more than you have. You TB is made from Aluminum Alloy & is quite soft. One slip & you mught end up with scrap. I'd suggest using a very fine toothed mill file to smooth the remainder. Hold the TB in a vise with protected (wood - leather) or soft jaws (brass - aluminum) and just file slowly & evenly in one direction til you get a blend... HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM) (23 years in metal cutting) Averill Park, NY 2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/